Problem doing a NIM Install of the 7044 Model 170

From: Rolando - Work (rmanaog@VIDEOTRON.NET)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 13:44:05 EST

Hello Everyone,

I just received a 7044-170 R/S6000. The system comes preloaded with AIX 4.3.3 and it boots fine and I am able to access the system without probem.
The problem occurs when I try to NIM install it. Here what I get:

Starting Software... Please Wait

BOOTP: Waiting 60 seconds for Spanning Tree

BOOTP S=1 BOOTR=1

File:/tftpboot/vt02ws04_ifo

Load Addr = 0x4000 Max Size = 0xbfc000

Final File Size = 45477444

Then I get this message quite fast: Could not open deblocker (?)

On the Graphics Console I get the code : 20EE000B - which means that the
system was unable to find an operating system on the device list that was
attempted.

It tries to attempt to boot again several times and then quits and the Operator
Panel LED has 4BA00830 - which means BOOT FAIL.

I have 2 new workstations and they came in today. Both of them fail trying to
network boot. The firmware level is SPH02254 which is the most current.
Any ideas?

Thanks
Rolando