Cloning problem

From: Hass, Harold (hhass@FRESNO.CA.GOV)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 18:17:44 EST

I'm having a problem cloning a MCA system to a PCI box. Both are 4.3.3, and
I did a mksysb -i on the old box with the idea of cloning it on the newer
43P 140. I boot to the 4.3.3 cd with the tape in and go to maintenance mode
and "install from a system backup," choose the drive I want to install to,
and get an error that "An invalid disk (00 08 00 2,0) was specified in the
location field of the data file."

It sounds like the process is picking up the SCSI ID from the tape and
trying to use that as the install disk. I thought the whole idea of cloning
was to be able to do that from platform to platform. Maybe I'm wrong.
Anyway, does this mean that I have to set the SCSI ID to be the same on the
new system? That just doesn't seem right.

Any help would be appreciated.