Re: Cloning problem

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 05:42:14 EST

Cloning works fine from MCA to PCI, (or vice versa, or anything else you can
think of). It doesn't care in the slightest what disks you used to use,
unless you try to use maps, in which case you need a disk of the same size.

What disks were shown as available on your 43P, and which one did you
select? What sort of disk does it use on the old system?

Did you look at any of the other menu options? I'd suggest you have a look
around to familiarise yourself. You can't do much harm, since you're
installing a new image anyway.

Have a look here...
https://techsupport.services.ibm.com/server/aix.techTips
...for the IBM document on cloning.