Re: SSA_DEVICE_ERROR - FE9E9357

From: Ian Smith (ian.smith@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 05:10:18 EST

Michelle,

We have been told in the past by AIX HW support that these are 'link errors'.
Indeed they used to be flagged as such in the errpt output. I think
they result from a timing issue - momentarily, the disk becomes
invisible to the SSA adapter(s) - and as such are harmless. However,
Patrick is correct, they are curable by upgrading disk and adapter microcode.

Ian Smith
Oxford University Computing Services, Oxford, UK.