Re: PHP and Oracle

From: MARLON BORBA (MBORBA@TRF3.GOV.BR)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 14:07:26 EST

AFAIK when you need to add supoort to databases other than Postgres and/or MySQL you must recompile PHP and link it with the proper client libraries from the DBMS you are using. I've tried it with AIX 4.3.X and Ingres II and it worked, besides some "idiosyncrasies" of AIX C. This is a relatively easy task as the configuration script for PHP has well-documented switches to include that libraries.

HTH,

Marlon.

/*
Marlon Borba
Divisao de Suporte Tecnico
TRF 3a. Regiao
(11) 3311-4683 e 9692-8357
mborba@trf3.gov.br - marlonborba@acm.org
-------
Association for Computing Machinery
Member #UK42160
Internet Society
Member #1330387
*/

>>> ssaixadm@YAHOO.COM 24/03/03 15:38 >>>
Anyone have experience installing PHP4 on AIX for use
with Oracle? I've just recently received a request to
put it on an AIX 4.3.3 server, and I'm thinking about
going to the Linux toolbox page to download a smit
installable version of PHP. However, I'm concerned
about if it will be able to connect to Oracle right
out of the box.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

-Stephen Spalding