Re: PHP and Oracle

From: Frye, Matthew (Matthew.Frye@REXHEALTH.COM)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 13:55:21 EST

Stephen,
        My experience has been that, by default, PHP does not include the
libraries necessary to connect to Oracle. I found that in order to have
these libraries, I needed to compile PHP ti include them, and thus compile
Apache also so that Apache would see the PHP extension (via apxs). Also, it
seems that PHP connectivity with Oracle is achieved via the Oracle client
which must be installed on the machine even if the Oracle database itself is
on a remote machine.
        Anyone had different experiences?

Matt Frye
Sr. Systems Programmer, RS/6000 Group