Rule-of-thumb paging size algorithm

From: pSeries AIX Geek (aixgeek@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Sat Mar 22 2003 - 23:07:25 EST

OK, so I've been through this list's archives with no
success (I can't ever think of the best search terms
to use).

I know that there was a thread that discussed the best
"rule-of-thumb" starting place for allocating paging
space given the amount of memory you have.

[Yes, I know that it's all application-dependent, and
in a perfect world, you'd have no paging. I'm not
interested in those discussions, just the simple
initial formulae that were provided.]

Thanks!

- pAG