Re: mksysb failing

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 05:29:51 EST

I would guess that the problem might have been a corrupt filesystem.
Perhaps a directory entry but no actual file?

If you come across something similar in future you might try using an
exclude file to bypass the affected directory and confirm that the rest of
the system backs up OK. You could then use backup, perhaps, to verify the
identity of the particular file. (I suggest this as it would be quicker
than running a full mksysb; you could just do a particular directory and its
contents.)

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe s.a.r.l.