Re: migration 433 -> 51

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 04:29:28 EST

For 433=>51 you have to do a migration install, (or preservation, or
overwrite). A simple update_all won't work.
Ideally, restore your system then do the migration. If that's not possible
you might try doing a migration install of AIX 5.1 anyway, but I don't know
whether that will work now.

Simon Green
Altria ITSC Europe s.a.r.l.

AIX-L Archive at http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l