Re: Problems after changing name of jfslog

From: Bill Thompson (bill.thompson@GOODYEAR.COM)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 06:34:04 EST

Did all of that. The procedure I followed was:

unmount all filesystems in the volume group

ran "lsvg -l vgname" to make sure all the logical volumes were closed

ran "chlv -n newname oldname" on the jfslog logical volume

ran "chfs -a log=newname filesystem" on all the filesystems in the vg

tried to mount the filesystems but got the error:

mount: 0506-323 Cannot get information about log device newname

varied off the volume group

exported the volume group

imported the volume group using a new name

tried to mount the filesystems but got the same error.

fsck'd all the filesystems in the volume group

tried to mount - same error.

ran "logform /dev/newname" on the jfslog

tried to mount - same error.

fsck'd again.

still no luck.

Any other thoughts?

Bill Thompson
Sr UNIX Systems Administrator
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information
May Not Be Copied or Disseminated Without Express Consent of The Goodyear
Tire & Rubber Company.

AIX-L Archives: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l&r=1&w=2