Re: default route. how to set. how can it get lost?

From: Adams Kevin J (kevin.adams@PHS.COM)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 15:11:26 EST

I've seen cases where chdev would not add a redundant route.

smit mkroute uses chdev too. You might try it just for kicks.

You're correct, route add is not persistent, but chdev is.

You should be able to chdev on the fly.

Certain "no" settings or if you run a routing protocol can affect your
routing tables, but not usually your default route.

Kevin Adams