Re: Urgent : total memory usage

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 05:42:24 EST

Didn't I answer this last week?
Your script is wrong. The figure you are using includes all of the shared
memory. i.e. Pages of memory used by more than one process. Therefore you
are counting these pages more than once and you will inevitably end up with
an inaccurate figure.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe

AIX-L Archive at http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l