Re: Common shared filesystem

From: pSeries AIX Geek (aixgeek@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 23:00:08 EST

/usr/common or /usr/shared is the standard I've seen.

However, I once worked at one
linguistically-challenged dot-bomb that INSISTED on
/usr/local as a common, NFS-mounted (and read-only!)
repository for its 1200 UNIX machines.

It became an administrative nightmare installing
freeware into /usr/local.