Re: SP Complex - IP Migration

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 09:49:34 EST

Do you have a separate administrative ethernet, which will remain unchanged?

If so, then you shouldn't have any problems. Just change the IP addresses
as normal. Be a little bit careful if you have any static routes affecting
this network. It would be a good idea to update the SDR with the new
addresses if you use this to configure them, but no need to do anything
else.

If this is the administrative network, though, it's likely to be tricky. At
such short notice I would strongly recommend that you do everything you can
to delay the change, as it's not a trivial matter. Full implications would
depend on your configuration but I would anticipate that you'd have to
delete every node in your system and add it back with a customize. No need
to re-install, fortunately, but you'll be facing a complete system outage.
(It is possible to leave nodes up during this, but it's not supported,
you'll probably lose the switch anyway and I wouldn't want to count on it.
Safer just to shut it all down.)

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe