Re: SP Complex - IP Migration

From: Holger.VanKoll@SWISSCOM.COM
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 09:44:59 EST

change /etc/hosts and/or dns
change ip-values in the sdr (spchvgobj)
spbootins -> customize
setup_server

then
best way:
reboot nodes

2nd best way:
run the pssp-script on the nodes

3rd best way:
change the ip on the nodes manually

-----Original Message-----
From: Theresa Sarver [mailto:tsarver.IFMC@SDPS.ORG]
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 3:31 PM
To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
Subject: SP Complex - IP Migration

Hi all;

Environment:
SP Complex (9076-550): 7 wide nodes, 1 CWSIN
AIX 433 ML10
PSSP 32
Tivoli Storage Manager 415
TDP for Oracle 110 (RMAN)
Oracle 816,817,9202
IBM 3494 Tape Lib (if you need specifics let me know)
EMC Symmetrix (if you need specifics let me know)

I just found out yesterday that we're migrating the IPA's for our entire
site on the 25th...always nice to be the last to know. I've done this
before on standalones and it didn't turn out to be that big of an
issue...however, I've never done it on an SP complex before.

The IPA's for the internal [SP] switch network WILL NOT be changing,
however the external IPA's will. Does anyone know off the top of their
head - as we're not changing anything on the switch network - will this
be as straightforward as an IPA change on a standalone? - - Or are
there SP issues that will need to be taken into account? Also, if
anyone knows of any SP "gotchya's" that I should watch out for I'd
really appreciate knowing those ahead of time too. ;)

Thank you kindly;
Theresa