Re: SP Complex - IP Migration

From: Bill Verzal (Bill_Verzal@BCBSIL.COM)
Date: Wed Jan 15 2003 - 09:35:50 EST

The only gotcha's are if the nodes use them for communication rather than
the reliable or switch.

BV
Bill Verzal
Technical Consultant
Forbes Technical Consulting
(312) 653-3684
bill_verzal@bcbsil.com
billverzal@imcingular.com (Pager)
888-428-4025 (Pager)
MailStop: 27.202B

"Theresa Sarver" <tsarver.IFMC@SDPS.ORG>
Sent by: "IBM AIX Discussion List" <aix-l@Princeton.EDU>
01/15/2003 08:31 AM
Please respond to "IBM AIX Discussion List"

        To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
        cc:
        Subject: SP Complex - IP Migration

Hi all;

Environment:
SP Complex (9076-550): 7 wide nodes, 1 CWSIN
AIX 433 ML10
PSSP 32
Tivoli Storage Manager 415
TDP for Oracle 110 (RMAN)
Oracle 816,817,9202
IBM 3494 Tape Lib (if you need specifics let me know)
EMC Symmetrix (if you need specifics let me know)

I just found out yesterday that we're migrating the IPA's for our entire
site on the 25th...always nice to be the last to know. I've done this
before on standalones and it didn't turn out to be that big of an
issue...however, I've never done it on an SP complex before.

The IPA's for the internal [SP] switch network WILL NOT be changing,
however the external IPA's will. Does anyone know off the top of their
head - as we're not changing anything on the switch network - will this be
as straightforward as an IPA change on a standalone? - - Or are there SP
issues that will need to be taken into account? Also, if anyone knows of
any SP "gotchya's" that I should watch out for I'd really appreciate
knowing those ahead of time too. ;)

Thank you kindly;
Theresa

The information contained in this communication is confidential, private, proprietary, or otherwise privileged and is intended only for the use of the addressee. Unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately at (312)653-6000 in Illinois; (972)766-6900 in Texas; or (800)835-8699 in New Mexico.