Re: Extendlv

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 10:47:42 EST

The LV and filesystem are different things, although obviously related. You
also have to extend the filesystem, using the chfs command.
You can use just chfs, (no extendlv), and it will automatically extend the
LV. However you have very little control over where the partitions are
allocate, (no way to use a map file). If you need to reset maximum LPs or
upper bound, it'll fail the same as extendlv would.

Because I do this fairly often, I have a little script which re-sets the
size of a JFS to the size of its LV:

#!/bin/ksh
#
# Increase the size of a filesystem to that of its logical volume.
#
Filesystem=$1
lsfs -q $Filesystem |tail -1|awk {'print $3 $6'} | tr ',' ' ' |read LV_Size
FS_Size
if [ $LV_Size -ne $FS_Size ]
then
 chfs -a size=$LV_Size $Filesystem
else
 echo Filesystem already uses all of Logical Volume.
fi

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe

AIX-L Archive at http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l