Re: Extendlv

From: Sajjad S Hashimi (sajjad@US.IBM.COM)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 10:45:58 EST

Run chfs command not chlv.

If you increase filesystem (using chfs) lv gets increased automatically but
if you
extendlv first you have to extend the filesystem accordingly.

Hope this helps a little.
Sajjad

                      Khalid Benhayoune
                      <benhayoune_k@YAH To: aix-l@Princeton.EDU
                      OO.FR> cc:
                      Sent by: IBM AIX Subject: Extendlv
                      Discussion List
                      <aix-l@Princeton.

                      12/10/2002 08:29
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      IBM AIX
                      Discussion List

Hi all,

I increased the number of logical partitions allowed to a logical volume,
but changes are not reflected in the file system. The AIX doc mentionne
that I should use chlv command to modify the caracteristics of the file
system. OK, but how can I recuperate the partitions allowed to the lv ?

Thanks in advance.

Soyez solidaire soutenez l’action du Téléthon avec Yahoo! France.
Cliquez ici pour faire un don !