Re: AIX 415 Disaster recovery problmes..

From: Cargill, Bill (BHCargill@SNOPUD.COM)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 09:11:27 EST

  You may want to consider using co-location on the machines that are part of your disaster recovery plan. Co-location forces TSM to separate your backup data at the storage pool level. I had a similar problem as yours and by using co-location I cut the restore time down from 30 hours to about 4. Also, I strongly recommend that you look at using DRM (a component offered along with TSM) as well, it'll save you alot time and money.

   Good luck