AIX 415 Disaster recovery problmes..

From: Peter R (niagarap@HOTMAIL.COM)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 22:46:51 EST

Hi Friends,

We are doing Disaster recovery testing, we backed up all filesystems with
backup command, and trying restore with restore command, we are not useing
any tools. Every thing is okay except its dead slow!! We are useing 3750
magstar tapes. For improving speed my sysadmin changed block size to
high(3200) at tape drawer, But now we are facing another big problem!! i.e
Its skipping some filesystems and restoring where ever it likes!! It looks
it big mess. I have restore script with 50 entries for each
filesystem(restore -rqv -b -512 -f /dev/rmt0.1). Could you help us gurus...

tia
peter.