Re: checksum error when reading tar tape

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Mon Nov 25 2002 - 03:46:20 EST

dd will work with anything, of course, but I'm not sure how useful it would
be.

pax will certainly work with tar files and might be worth trying, as it has
more options than the tar command.

If you're getting checksum errors, though, it suggests that the data is
corrupt.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe