Upgrade OS truncates UserName ?

From: Drew (apt@DCS-SUCCESS.COM)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 16:53:28 EST

Hello everyone,
Over the weekend I upgraded a client from AIX 4.3.2 to 4.3.3 ML10. It turns
out that a user named georgette had her name truncated to georgett. There
are two other user names in the /home directory Katherine and Elizabeth that
have not been truncated, but it also appears that these users have never
actually logged into the system. They were created and then forgotten about
long ago according to the client.
Can someone please tell me why the name was truncated and also if I can get
the old name back with the trailing e.
Thank you all,

Drew