Re: Migrating from 4.2.1 to 4.3.3

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 13:29:26 EST

I would say that you should apply the maintenance as well; there are fixes
for problems which could stop your system from running. I don't see any
reason to take a system backup after the basic 433 upgrade; do it after the
maintenance is on.

These upgrades don't normally take all that long, depending on what filesets
you have installed already. I think four hours might be sufficient.

You will need to reboot the server after the update. It might be worth
rebooting after the upgrade to 433, then again after the maintenance, but
you should be OK to do just the one at the end.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe