Re: Quorum after replacing bad disk

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Wed Nov 06 2002 - 09:33:39 EST

You can and should mirror the JFSlog. Just treat it like any other LV; no
special treatment is required. If the JFSlog is not mirrored, then if you
lose the disk on which it is placed you'll lose access to all filesystems
that use it.

You ought to set Quorum to 1. Use the chvg command: chvg -Q n VGNAME. This
way, whichever disk fails the other one will still be available.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe