Unexpected End

From: terry.german@PHONES4U.CO.UK
Date: Tue Oct 29 2002 - 10:56:43 EST

All,

I quick question for you all, I hope someone can shine a little light on it.

I am trying to tar a large filesystem into a sperate file (command below),
now it get approx 60% of the way throught and then says

tar cvf /movedirectory/dump.tar /users/sys/dump

"Tar reached an unexpected end" or something on those lines

The file I am taring to is in a directory on it's own 18.2GB disk and when
the tar falls over there is still 46% free in the directory I am tar to.

Any help please.

Thanks

Terry German
Unix System Engineer
Phones4u IT
Swift House
Ext = 4783
Tel = 01782 600783
Mobile = 07748908609
email = terry.german@phones4u.co.uk

This email, and any attachment, is confidential. If you have
received it in error, please delete it from your system.

Do not use or disclose the information in any way, and notify
the sender immediately.

are not the views of Phones4U Ltd or any other company within
the Caudwell Group, unless specifically stated.

You may not disclose any information contained herein unless
disclosure is specifically allowed or the information is
publicly available.