Befuddling ftp issue

From: pSeries AIX Geek (aixgeek@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 21 2002 - 14:14:17 EDT

Machine is AIX 4.3.3 ML 09. Default fsize ulimit is
set to unlimited. The file system is 6GB in size,
with "bf" set equal to true.

I can successfully (using dd) generate a 2GB file in
this file system. However, when I try to ftp a file
(it's about 3GB in size), it fails at 1GB, saying that
I can't exceed the value set by ulimit.

>From within my ftp session, I break out to a shell and
check -- sure enough, "ulimit -a" says that I'm
unlimited.

All the tests I've run show that this problem is
restricted to ftp. Any ideas?

- pAG