Re: CHLICENSE

From: Bill Thompson (wht@NEO.RR.COM)
Date: Sat Oct 19 2002 - 11:13:52 EDT

Ignacio,

If I remember correctly the default number of licenses after a new install
is 2 (which would explain why it's 2 on 6H1).

There is no rule as to how big this number should be. It all depends on how
many simultaneous users will be logged on.

We generally set this number to 64 as a minimum however on some machines it
is set as high as 1024 and I know some people have set this even higher.

Since this requires a reboot to take effect you'll want to make sure this is
big enough so you won't have to bump it up again.

Bill Thompson
Sr UNIX Systems Administrator
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information
May Not Be Copied or Disseminated Without Express Consent of The Goodyear
Tire & Rubber Company.

AIX-L Archives: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l&r=1&w=2