Re: Newbie questions re. licensing & compatibility

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Fri Oct 11 2002 - 06:35:24 EDT

If someone sells an RS/6000 or pSeries box, then they should include the AIX
license with it. There's no reason not to these days as any new box will
come with a license.

There might be a problem with older systems, bought when the licensing
system was different.

It's a bit late now for Martin, but I wouldn't buy a system without an AIX
license.

Simon Green
Senior Technical Analyst
UNIX and AS400 Services