Re: migrating a filesystem/lv from one disk to two disks

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Fri Oct 11 2002 - 06:29:54 EDT

I'd use mklvcopy to make a copy on both hdisk3 and hdisk4, then drop the
first copy and use migratepv to move stuff off hdisk4 to hdisdk2. You still
have to copy some of the partitions twice, but I don't think that can be
helped. Provided there's free space in the right place on hdisk2 migratepv
should be OK.

reorgvg might work, as suggested, but I've always found it to be very slow.

Another option would be to delete the filesystem, recreate it where you want
it and restore from a backup. Depending on your environment this might be
quicker than using mklvcopy/migratepv, but obviously the filesystem would be
unavailable.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe

AIX-L Archive at http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l