Re: NIS or NIS+

From: Jolet, John (John.Jolet@MISYSHEALTHCARE.COM)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 09:03:11 EDT

stay away from nis+ unless you need the security features....that seems to
be the general concensus. Personally, i run openldap to manage the users
and feed my nis maps from that via a perl program. LDAP is the future, but
I'm having some trouble getting aix to play nice with it. I saw a reference
once to using an openldap server for aix authentication, but can't find it
again.