Re: su

From: Bill Thompson (bill.thompson@GOODYEAR.COM)
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 06:33:46 EDT

Mike,

The script can not supply the password.

You might be able to use expect or the expect module of Perl but IMHO
either
choice is much more complicated to install and script than using sudo.

If I may ask, why are you trying to avoid sudo?

Bill Thompson
Sr UNIX Systems Administrator
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information
May Not Be Copied or Disseminated Without Express Consent of The Goodyear
Tire & Rubber Company.

AIX-L Archives: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=aix-l&r=1&w=2