Re: xterm and aixterm cut and paste

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 10:10:19 EDT

The way I have it configured, using either dtterm, aixterm or xterm, I
highlight the text I want using the left mouse button. Paste it with the
centre button/left and right together, (depending on the mouse).

If you have your Exceed settings correct, to paste into a Windows
application - such as Word or Outlook - you don't need to explicitly
cut/copy the selection. Just go to where you want it, and Shift-Insert.

Same works in reverse. Ctrl-Ins from Windows; move to the dtterm and
middle-button to paste, (although it sometimes has problems with Word
special characters).

To configure this, go to Exceed Configuration: X Selection.
I have this set to PRIMARY, with all three boxes ticked. I think it's "Auto
Copy X Selection" that's important for this.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe