Re: Turn on "audit"

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@KRAFTEUROPE.COM)
Date: Wed Aug 14 2002 - 04:57:56 EDT

That is indeed all you _need_ to do. However, there are a lot of things you
might _want_ to do.

1. Check that the audit events being collected are the ones you want. The
defaults are a little excessive, in my opinion. (But it depends what you're
aiming to do.)
2. Decide where you want the audit trail written. Perhaps set up a separate
filesystem for this to prevent it interfering with other applications, (and
vice versa).
3. Update the "users:" stanza in /etc/security/audit/config.
4. Update /usr/lib/security/mkuser.default.

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe