LVM question

From: Bill Verzal (Bill_Verzal@BCBSIL.COM)
Date: Wed Aug 14 2002 - 09:25:58 EDT

OK - I have an LVM question here. I hope one (or more) of you LVM experts
can help me with this one. I'm kinda lost.

I've got a few Regatta's here, and were trying to find an efficient way to
carve up 40 LPAR's. I thought of a way that we could do it with LVM
Mirroring.

What we did was carve and LPAR with our "standard build", mirrored the OS,
then failed the drive by just pulling it out. I ran some ODM commands to
clean up after ourselves, and re-ran the mirrorvg commands on a new disk.
Everything *looked* fine until we added some space to /usr. The system
complains about a missing PV. I ran synclvodm and it is complaining about
the missing disk. I looked in CuAt and there was my old entry for the
missing disk. I removed it via odmdelete. I _did_ save CuAt first though.

Now, when I do a getlvodm on the PVID, it still shows up there. How do I
get rid of it ? There is synclvodm, getlvodm and putlvodm - but no
"rmlvodm".

How do I get rid of a phantom PVID on the lvm ?

Thanks, Bill.

PS - and we've decided to not use this method to carve LPAR's.

Bill Verzal
Technical Consultant
Forbes Technical Consulting
(312) 653-3684