Compiling on AIX 5.1 instead of 4.3.3

From: Drew Wrobel (Andrew_Wrobel@PEPBOYS.COM)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 14:39:19 EDT

     I'm responsible for maintaining various public doman and in-house
software
packages. Using the gcc compiler, since the IBM C compiler was never
purchased. I set
the CFLAGS variable, for performance and hardware architecture
independance, to
the following:

     "-g -O3 -mno-power -mno-powerpc -mtune=common -mcpu=common -maix32"

     Within the next couple of months, I will have to start to compile on
AIX 5.1 using
the IBM C Compiler.

     Since I'm not used to the IBM compiler, I was wondering what do people
set the
various environment varaible to.

     Also, any suggestions on how I would need to change the CFLAGS
variable to work
with the IBM C compiler instead of gcc?

     Thanks

Disclaimer: The information contained in this communication is confidential and
only for the use of the intended addressee(s). If you have received this
communication in error, any disclosure or use of such information is strictly
prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies.
Thank you.