Re: AIX 4.3.3 & FAStT 700 - cannot see disk array device

From: John Jolet (john.jolet@FXFN.COM)
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 14:11:04 EDT

hmm, well fget_config -v -A seeing nothing would be consistent with
what you're seeing. Pardon me if this seems obvious...but all the
cables are plugged in and looped up, right? If you look at the hbas on
the host, you should see a solid green light and a blinking amber
one..if you only have the green light, you're not looped up (basing this
on my ibm relabeled emulex adapters). really sounds like a
connection/cable problem. One way to check this is to go to the
mappings tab and try to set up a host group/host/port....the last step
where you set up the port, you'll have a drop-down list of the wwn
numbers the array sees...if this is empty, you definately have an air
gap for some reason.