How long are you sticking with 433?

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 04:37:52 EDT

Like many sites, we still have some AIX 4.3.3 systems. In most cases we
have definite plans to replace or upgrade these to 5.1, but there are still
a few which are a bit up in the air. Mostly these are applications which
are expected to be retired, but you know what that's like: they can drag on
for years. But whilst that's still the official plan people are reluctant
to spend money on AIX5L licences. (It may not seem like a major expense,
but some of my customers make Scrooge look like a spendthrift.)

What are your thoughts, experiences and plans regarding 433 systems? Does
it worry you or are you happy to continue with them for the foreseeable
future?

Altria ITSC Europe Ltd
AIX-L Archive at https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html
<https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html>
New to AIX? http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/redbooks.nsf/portals/UNIX
<http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/redbooks.nsf/portals/UNIX>
N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.
Please post all follow-ups to the list.