Re: How long are you sticking with 433?

From: Davies Sue (sue.davies@LBBD.GOV.UK)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 05:00:32 EDT

Simon

We have two machines on 4.3.3 that will allegedly be upgraded in October.
The application vendor says there is a new version coming out then that will
need us to upgrade AIX and Oracle. They have been somewhat tardy in the
past so it will probably be later.

We have two others that are supposed to be being retired but I'm not sure
when, they have been in this condition for years now. They will not be
upgraded. I am concerned about one in particular, it was replaced several
years ago but the users refused to use the replacement so it's still limping
on, it has been replaced again so we'll wait and see. My concern is more
about the app than the OS. I've found 4.3.3 to be quite robust in this
environment, it's probably different in the real world.

Our remaining machine is maintained by the application vendor and is due to
be updated at some point in the next few months.

Suzanne Davies
Technical Support Officer
Civic Centre
Wood Lane