Installing software from a different LPP during install

From: Yves Dorfsman (yves@ZIOUP.COM)
Date: Tue May 11 2004 - 14:17:56 EDT

Hi,

I am trying to fully automate the install of our machines through NIM.
I ran into a few problems but here is my latest:

I want the BOS installed from a BOS lpp, and some additional software
(VAC, EMD odm packages etc...) installed from different lpp_source's.

Apparently you cannot specify more than one lpp_source at a time (for
example when you run your "nim -o define -t bosinst_data"), so I decided
to put the install of extra software in the customization script. But now
"nimclient -cust" is saying that I cannot do any operation because the
machine is under the controller of the NIM master.

"nimclient -Fo reset" and "nimclient -o deallocate -a subclass=all" give
me the same error. I have to deallocate from the NIM server, which breaks
my automation....

Has anybody done this before ?
I have seen people exporting the lpp and installing over NFS, but I'd
rather avoid that.

Thanks,

Yves.

----