Re: gcc Installation

From: Darryl Ousterhout (D.Ousterhout@LABSAFETY.COM)
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 11:28:12 EDT

Not exactly sure what o/s your on or if you need the absolute latest
version, but here's what I did, with 3.3.2.

Got to http://www.bullfreeware.com/

I downloaded gcc 3.3.2 for AIX 5.2 it comes in a .exe. Change the perms
on it and run it. It will extract a .bff which is installable with
smit.

Or, if your not sure what your install did, type 'which gcc' and see if
it's in the /usr/bin/ path. If it's /usr/bin/gcc, your all set.

Regards,
-Darryl