Re: gcc Installation

From: Tim Muller (aix_sa_706@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 12:02:26 EDT

I'm on 4.3.3 and I'm not sure which release of gcc I
need. Our DBA is asking for a C compiler because he's
installing Oracle and it's asking for it.

I think my UCLA install is probably fine as is.

Thanks.

Tim
--- Darryl Ousterhout <D.Ousterhout@LABSAFETY.COM>
wrote:
> Not exactly sure what o/s your on or if you need the
> absolute latest
> version, but here's what I did, with 3.3.2.
>
> Got to http://www.bullfreeware.com/
>
> I downloaded gcc 3.3.2 for AIX 5.2 it comes in a
> .exe. Change the perms
> on it and run it. It will extract a .bff which is
> installable with
> smit.
>
> Or, if your not sure what your install did, type
> 'which gcc' and see if
> it's in the /usr/bin/ path. If it's /usr/bin/gcc,
> your all set.
>
> Regards,
> -Darryl

=====
Tim Muller
Hamilton Co. Dept. of Job & Family Services
Cincinnati, OH USA