Correct procedure for restoring system image data

From: Marcelino Mata (mmata@MULTIMATIC.COM)
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 15:01:05 EDT

I am making preparation to move from AIX 4.3.3ML9 to ML11 then AIX 5.1. As
I need to perform upgrades, I do not have enough disk space on the current
4.5Gb O/S disks. I was planning on replacing the 4.5Gb disks with 9.1Gb
disks. I was going to just use the user friendly program Sysbackup to
accomplish this. I made a system image of the rootvg ONLY and replaced the
disks. Everything was going fine during the restore until it informed me
that a volume group was missing and it wanted to know if sysbackup restore
should create or delete it. The volume group is a 270GB RAID volume which
are still present in the system but I do not want touched by sysbackup
restore. My guess would be to select the create option and then it will
continue. As I can not afford to lose time due to errors I did nothing (put
the old disks back in) until I get clarification on what it was actually
going to do next. If I select "create", will it continue the restore
without me assigning any filesystem to it or will it force me to assign
something to it before continuing?

TIA,

Marcelino