Re: UNZIP for aix? HELP please

From: Green, Simon (Simon.Green@EU.ALTRIA.COM)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 05:11:28 EDT

Take a look at the AIX Toolbox for Linux Applications
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/aix/products/aixos/linux/download.html

This has a selection of common Linux/GNU software, including zip and unzip,
all in RPM form, ready to install. You'll need to install bos.rpm from
the AIX 4.3.3 install CD, if you haven't already. (It's not part of the
default installation at 4.3.3, although it is in 5.1.)

zip and unzip are separate applications, so you'll probably want to
install both of them. We've used them to exchange files with Windows
quite successfully.

Altria ITSC Europe Ltd
AIX-L Archive at https://new-lists.princeton.edu/listserv/aix-l.html
New to AIX? http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/redbooks.nsf/portals/UNIX
N.B. Unsolicited email from vendors will not be appreciated.
Please post all follow-ups to the list.