Antwort: Re: AIX vs. Linux

From: Vesna Vranesic (vesna.vranesic@RZB.AT)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 09:00:10 EDT

We have lot of self-made applications using WebSphere, Java, Informix,
Oracle etc.
They differ in DB sizes, numbers of users, operating time, and other
demands. That's why I would like to hear
about the experiences from others, or white papers describing the points
one should take care of, or sites with
useful information, or ...

 I have plenty of questions like:
- How big may Informix DB get or which HW is needed to manage it with
Linux on Intel in the way we do it on AIX?
- Is WebSphere really fully developed for Linux, maybe working even better
than on AIX, or not even to think about it at the moment?
- Any problems with backing up/restoring of Informix /Oracle on Linux to
TSM?
- Performance problems with Java?
etc.

BruceH@ROUTESCAPE.COM@Princeton.EDU am 24.07.2002 14:20:06