Installation of SP2 node going very slowly

From: Green, Simon (SGreen@krafteurope.com)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 11:01:20 EDT

I'm installing an SP2 node from a mksysb of another node.
The target is a Winterhawk II Wide. Source was a 604 MCA High, running AIX
4.3.3 ML06; PSSP 3.2. Mksysb image is about 500MB; rootvg of the source
system was 3x2.2GB.
The nodecond ran OK and the console shows the normal installation, but it's
been running for over 90 minutes, when I would have expected it to take half
that, at most. I'm familiar with the basic procedures involved, so there's
no problem there, (and it is working, after all!)

Can anybody suggest why it is running so slowly?

Simon Green
Philip Morris ITSC Europe