chroot

From: justin.bleistein@SUNGARD.COM
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 12:22:50 EDT

      Could someone be as so kind as to send me an example of the "chroot"
command syntax and how it should be used. I want to set it up so when users
log in to the system and are put in there "/home/user" directory I want
there home directory to be the top of the directory tree as far as they're
concerned. I don't want them to be able to get to "/" (root). Please let me
know if chroot is the command I should use and the syntax. I don't want the
users to be able to "cd" to root while they're logged in as themselves
.They only need access to everything under there home directories thanks!.

--Justin Richard Bleistein