Re: Re-loading from DTAPE Back-Up Tool

From: Pugliese, Edward (s11018@SLK.COM)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 08:14:02 EDT

The statement that the mksysb only backs up rootvg is 100% correct. But
that has nothing to do with being able to do an importvg of disks that are
not part of rootvg as long as nothing has overwritten the data on the disks.
I have imported vg's many times after restoring from a mksysb (from a
completely different system) and did an importvg with no issues.

Now that a new vg1 and lv's were created, there is no way to recover the
data that was on those disks.

Was the tech an IBM tech ? Is so, I would file a complaint to his/her
manager.