[HPADM] Tape Life Cycle / Tape Destruction Guidelines/ Procedure

From: Kennedy Doss (kdossjojo@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2008 - 10:53:07 EST

Hello Admins:

I need help with putting together some a piece of documentation. (I am
very poor in that). I need some information about the life cycle of a
tape (we use LTO3s here). I am looking at information about how many
times a tape is used/reused before it is ready to be
retired/destroyed. How it is destroyed so that the confidential data
doesnt get into the wrong hands etc. etc.

I tried googling for information, but I haven't really been able to
lay my hands on anything useful. Any input from you guys would be most
appreciated. If you can point me to some sites where I could get this
kinda information, I would really be very thankful.

Thanks.
-Kennedy