[HPADM] ftp error 425

From: Javier González Arenas (jgonzalez@conatel.com.uy)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2007 - 11:18:15 EDT

700/96 and rx4640Hello Admins,

After a sudden power outage our HP 9000 K360 with HP-UX 11.0 reboots normally ( what a relief ! ) but a side effect is driving me nuts.

A normal ftp procedure to extract data from this hosts is no longer successful.

A trivial ftp connection to the host, that was running OK for years, now is complaining with the following error:

ftp> get zzz.txt
200 Port command successful.
425 Can't create data sockets <192.168.1.3,20> : Address is already in use.

Browsing for the error I've found many posts talking about ftp active or passive client issues, and network problems or even firewall configuration problems.
In my case nothing has changed at the ftp client side nor the network is bad.

I was wondering if the ftp server running at the HP 90000 side could have left some lock files somewhere that are still present causing the ftp client denial to access the server as usual.

Any tip will be welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Javier

Este mensaje es privado y confidencial y tiene como único destinatario la persona a la que va dirigida. La responsabilidad de su contenido es del remitente y no de CONATEL. Si usted ha recibido este mensaje por error, tenga presente que le está prohibido revelarlo, copiarlo o distribuirlo, debiendo avisar de inmediato al remitente y borrarlo de su sistema. El error de transmisión no implica renuncia a la privacidad y confidencialidad.

This email is private and confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. The responsibility of its content is the sender's and not CONATEL'S. If you have received this email by mistake please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system. Its disclosure, copy or distribution is absolutely forbidden. The transmission error does not imply a waiver of privacy and confidentiality.