[HPADM] SUMMARY 700/96 and rx4640

From: Jim Gray (jimgray@woh.rr.com)
Date: Mon Oct 08 2007 - 09:37:25 EDT

Thanks to responses from

Corne Beerse
Nahkola Mikko
Bill Hassell
Jim Turner
Ryan Green
John Lanier
Joshua Scott

After connecting the unit to the port 1 of the 3-port serial module, I set
the parameters for 19200 baud, 8 data bits, no stop bit. I used the cable
that came with terminal. Using the right cable is perhaps the most
important thing to remember. Powered up the monitor and everything worked
just fine. We like to use hp terminal emulation, but BIll Hassell indicated
that newer boxes are set for VT100 emulation by default, so you might need
to change the terminal emulation to VT100 in the setup if things don't
display right.

Jim Gray
E-mail: jimgray@woh.rr.com
Fax 937-667-2752